Tuesday 4 May 2010

I guess I should show you some of the work I have been doing...

Teamed up with an old friend, Miss Emma Fitzgerald, to create a dress out of paper, which turned into a piece of art, a visual diary, an expression of our lives and friendship. The brief...was simple, to create a dress using paper; it could have been any kind of paper imaginable. Emma and I chose to use photographs, e-mails, letters, diary extracts, musical manuscripts, postcards, book pages, gig tickets...anything we could find that would tell our story, collaborating to make the dress. We called it, 'Thank You for the Memories'. It is pretty self explanatory, the skirt was made up of four sections, each dedicated to something different; My life, Emma's life, things we have done together throughout the years and our new life at uni. The rest of the dress was a mixture of everything from my diary, pages from my favourite book to manuscript of our favourite songs that hold so many memories. Alot of hard work went into this dress, along with a lot (and I mean A LOT of caffeine).
So, there you have it, the hard work, the team work lots of pricked fingers and finally, a lovely outcome, even if I do say so myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment