Thursday 23 September 2010

BBC Blast.

So, another day, another fashion show! This time it was for BBC Blast: your label. It was a fashion show in collaboration with the V&A Create workshops, these collections are from upcoming designers who were a part of the V&A Create workshops. I must say I was very impressed with the range and the quality of the collections! Yet again, my lovely friend Vivien Solak was modelling...see if you can spot her :)




This collection was rather Charlie le Mindu-esk with the use of the hair. I thought this collection was really well put together, each outfit complimented the next. Some people may think that the use of hair is a little bit on the gross side but I think that it has been used in such a minimal and tasteful way.

Heather Smith's collection was simple and elegant with some lovely subtle pleats and geometric shapes as an added touch. I was very much impressed by how well made the collection was. I must say, I do LOVE the model that is in the photograph on the right, her fiery red hair and her interesting sculptured face makes her a very interesting model, I shall hunt her down and shoot her one day...with a camera that is, not with a gun...

I love the idea of this dress, I think the head piece is such a nice touch and is definitely the key part of this outfit. I do think the outfit could be developed to be more successful overall as well as the rest of the collection, for now its a little tacky chic, but I love it!


These two images are a part of the collection from the dress above as you can probably tell from the shapes and vibrant colours.


I loved this designers collection! Evan Phillips' collection had such a consistent style, following a leather theme for the fabrics and was rather experimental with shapes. As a whole I just love love loved the whole collection!!


Loved this!! The outfit was awesome, love the colour, love the shape, love the look!!


Also, loving this model that is in the left hand photograph, her skin and hair being the same colour make her look like a beautiful ice queen, I would also like to photograph her please!

2 comments:

  1. " I shall hunt her down and shoot her one day...with a camera that is, not with a gun..."
    haha, I love you Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that was a spur of the moment thing, I realised it as I wrote it lol. Wuvs you Xx

    ReplyDelete